A friend recently shared with me his 6 steps to success. These can be applied to all areas of your life including martial arts and business.
The 6 Things YOU should do to INCREASE your chances of success in both business and in life.
1. Start Now – Stop making excuses. What are you waiting for? JUST DO IT (like Nike says)
2. Follow your Passion – In order to achieve greatness in life, you should follow your passion.
Think about what you are doing now personally in your life.. is it YOUR passion? Probably not.
3. Add Value – If it’s business, adding value means you’ll make more money. If it’s personal life, adding value means closer relationships and strong personal growth.
4. Know your numbers – From your expenses to your profits, you need to know your assets and liabilities in life and business.
These numbers can give you a CLEAR vision and goal in life. Don’t run away from the numbers. Learn them. Embrace them. Build your life and business around them.
5. Learn Sales – Don’t CRINGE when you hear the word. Embrace it as a part of every day life.
One thing that I know that personally helped ME in my growth is learning sales. Now I don’t mean – go out, get a car sales job and learn sales.
But I do mean, learn the art of persuading someone of something.
“Selling” your kids no the idea of eating vegetables or doing their homework.
Persuading a spouse to go to a restaurant or vacation.
Asking a girl/guy on a date. (you sell yourself on the date!)
All those though unrelated ARE related through SALES.
Learn it. Love it. USE it.
6. Be Resilient – Rarely do things work out PERFECT the first time or ever time. There are tons of “stumbling blocks” when it comes to having a successful life and business.
But the key point is to continue to PUSH and persist -and keep trying.
BUT this does not mean to do the same thing over and over again… and expect different results. As Albert Einstein said.. that’s INSANITY
Do you agree/disagree?
Do you have any tips to add to this list?
In closing I’d like to leave you with a quote from Osho
”The greatest fear in the world is of the opinions of others. And the moment you are unafraid of the crowd you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion. A great roar arises in your heart, the roar of freedom.” — Osho
So what are you waiting for go out and start working towards your goals. It won’t be easy but nothing worthwhile ever is.